I come from a place that most would see as a trap. And the inhabitants as victims. A lot of people grow up with high aspirations but never leave that place. I was one of the few and lucky. I am on my way to show that I am not a victim, but a product of the place that I call home. So far it has not been easy to get where I'm trying to go. It seems like life is almost slated against you at times, but I will never stop fighting for what I want. My hard work, dedication, and support from my family will get me to the goals that I have. I was taught when I was young, if there is no passion, there is no dedication, and there will be no consistency. I will let my passion for the things that I love guide me. My parents did that to a certain extent. My father followed his passion for money while he was college and went with a great paying job. My mom followed her passion for her education and graduated with her degree. I am following my passion as well, but my passion requires money and education. My goals are more than just getting my degree, or having a lot of money, it's building a brand for myself that will live on through the immediate start up years. Although I have been inspired by some, my goals are my own. My parents are great because they don't push me towards a certain career or anything of that nature, they just want to see me do great things. But if there was a person that has driven me to be better at all times, I would have to say my mother. She has done so much to make sure that my family is taken care of, and I would love nothing more to see her happy and taken care of. The wolf hunts in a pack, as I hunt for success with my friends. A wolf is keen, smart, patient, but also aggressive, and a down right killer. In our world today, I believe you have to have those attributes to make it.


One significant childhood memory I have with a tree is actually another thing that drives me everyday. In my neighborhood, there was a tree that me and my next door neighborhood used to climb all of the time. He was one of my best friends. And every time I go by that tree, I remember why I needed to leave my home. That friend was shot not 2 blocks from that tree. Never got to see his full potential.

Comments

  1. Beautiful story about branching out from your roots and not letting your origins define you if you don't want them to. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like you're using the positive energy from those experiences to propel you forward. Never stop fighting for those dreams, my friend! It will definitely be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post, you would so open and I share a lot of the feelings concerning my own mother as you do you mother, mothers are particularly amazing for that reason. Thank you for sharing that personal story about the tree in your neighborhood, I am very sorry about your friend and it is amazing you are able to let that experience drive you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "if there is no passion, there is no dedication, and there will be no consistency"——I am also inspired by this sentence, thank you for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is like the third post that I have read that has a connection with a wolf!

    Reading about your post is quite inspiring, yet at the same time quite saddening. I am sorry to read about the loss of your best friend, but I believe that getting to know him and understanding your friendship has better developed the individual you are today. You should keep your fond memories of him and treasure them. Death is a part of life, it is inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find it amazing to hear people's success stories and how they were able to overcome obstacles of life. It is amazing to hear that not everyone is chasing the money but that some people still chase what they love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How impressive that you have the courage to devise and develop your own brand. Very nice to see your parents supporting your ambition, and you going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you are able to convey your true motivation through your writing. As a reader I really get the sense of what drives you and what you want to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog